boardix
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» boardix   » Groups   » Codecrave   » TI-85 Code

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: TI-85 Code
Dino
Member # 8

- posted      Profile for Dino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm coding something on my TI-85, and in the ascii translation, one of the characters (or whatever you want to call them, commands, variables,etc) is called the special continue program line. Anyone heard of it before? Know aboot it?

[ October 11, 2002: Message edited by: dino ]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1835 | From: NIU | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mystery Man
vote YES to the Heroes bill
Member # 1

- posted      Profile for Mystery Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh booyah.

--> \#\

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2726 | From: VP | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dino
Member # 8

- posted      Profile for Dino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hardy har har. whats the frickin key?!

--------------------
 -

Mystery Man
Member # 1

- posted      Profile for Mystery Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, == --> equal, != --> not equal, ~= --> sorta equal as I said before.

--------------------
 -

Dino
Member # 8

But I want the special thingy, not the double equals (btw if == is equals whats =?). Yeah, I need to find that key.

--------------------
 -

Atomic-Ant
In Real Life Now
Member # 2

- posted      Profile for Atomic-Ant     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A '=' is usually used for assignment, as in "C = 2*pi*r". A '==' is a test for equality, as in "if (dino == human)".

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1768 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mystery Man
Member # 1

yeah think of the == as two = signs looking at eachother and then looking at the things next to them and saying "Hey yeah, look, they're the same."

--------------------
 -

bigO
He Who Knows All
Member # 7

- posted      Profile for bigO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if it exists on the calculator, you will find it in the catalogue, which is one of the 2nd's.

What do you need it for, though?

[ October 10, 2002: Message edited by: MalliO ]

--------------------
Anybody can be cool, but AWESOME takes practice.

Posts: 4521 | From: VP luv | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
bigO
He Who Knows All
Member # 7

- posted      Profile for bigO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
and on a TI-85, == does mean "is equal to" and returns a boolean value 1 or 0 (5==6 displays 0, 5==5 displays 1). = is used to assign variables a value, though -> is much better at it, but = can also be used for subtraction (5=4 displays 1). Never use =

However, "not equals" is not !=, that is c++. not equals is really ≠, the regular not equal sign (5≠6 evaluates to 1) This is because = is subtraction. ! is factorial. So if you use != it wont be 1 or 0. It will be some integer (5!=6 is 114. 5! is 120, 120-6 is 114).

just stuff you should know about calculator proggin.

[ October 10, 2002: Message edited by: MalliO ]

--------------------

Dino
Member # 8

I looked in the catalog a bunch of times and i haven't found it. It doesn't have any letters in it, because the ascii representation for this key is \#\. I was trying to program pong on my 85 and that key is needed, but I got the code in a text format so I had to translate the ascii stuff into the 85 keys. Most of it was common sense, except for this one. I'm thinking it might have to do with this weird arrow key i have on my casio. It's not the store key, because I can use that on both calcs, but casio has an extra, almost u-turn key for ghetto-assembler. I don't think it exists in the 85, but the languages are rather close to each other so i don't know...

--------------------
 -

bigO
He Who Knows All
Member # 7

lemme see the code. maybe i could translate it.

--------------------

Dino
Member # 8

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/1949/pong.txt

--------------------
 -

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

kordix.com

(C)2000-2011 The Boardix Community