boardix

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» boardix   » Groups   » Codecrave   » CCC - TUX (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: CCC - TUX
SkyRat
Resident Director of Personal
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for SkyRat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My newest version of CCC is up on sh1tbot. FTP to:

shitbox.cjb.net
port 9999
user: shitbox
password: boardixwarriors

grab the project1 file and the image files there too.

-A basic working file transfering scheme is implemented
-Chatting has been improved, sending/recieving code is at 100% workings
-Online/Offline should also be working properly
-A basic but close to done encryption chat option is also avaliable

The features are there but the layout is still messy and options not yet as detailed as I want them. If you got any questions about how to turn something on let me know.

This is a much more stable release than the last few, I promise.

[ April 03, 2003, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: kordik_. ]

Posts: 2518 | From: BFH | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
SkyRat
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for SkyRat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The user is sh1tbox (replace 1 with i again)

Also to anyone not aware, my ftp isn't a boardix storage medium. I have a daily limit of 250MB in AND out and I also use some bandwidth myself surfing and such so don't store images and stuff on there. I know most (if not all) of you know this but just to make sure.

For those newer linux folk, download all the CCC_ files and the project1 file. Then type this in your console "chmod 755 project1" and then "./project1" and you got your self CCC working!

FORGOT TO ADD!!!! CCC only works if you have gtk installed. If you have gnome you probably do. I am not sure if it runs under KDE if you also have gnome and gtk installed so someone that does give it a try!!

I use enlightenment w/out running atop gnome and it works fine and dandy for me.

[ January 27, 2003: Message edited by: SkyRat[] ]

--------------------
 -  -

quote:
With the stupid limit on sigs my googlism won't fit!!

SkyRat
Member # 10

A heads up, currently announcing every little update is going to be really hard b/c there are still a done of bugs that I am working on. SOOOO I will only make a formal announcement when BIG improvements or changes are made. Otherwise, perdiodically (a few times a week even) check the ftp site. I will be renaming the project filename to the last time it was updated so it becomes really easy for you guys to make sure you have the newest version.

--------------------
 -  -
quote:

SkyRat
Member # 10

A new CCC Tux version will be done soon that will work with gnome1 and gnome2, you still need gtk 1.2 though. The good news is gtk 1.2 and 2.0 play well with eachother so there should be no problems installing 1.2 if you have 2.0 already. (gnome2.2 requires gtk2 so this is why I am mentioning it)

*EDIT* - its also about 1/10th the original size!!!!

[ March 05, 2003, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: SkyRat[] ]

--------------------
 -  -
quote:

bigO
He Who Knows All
Member # 7

- posted      Profile for bigO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why that's MICROSCOPIC!!!

maybe.

--------------------
Anybody can be cool, but AWESOME takes practice.

Posts: 4521 | From: VP luv | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
SkyRat
Member # 10

Well not to be left out of the fun, a new version of CCC - Tux version has been posted on shitbox. It sports improved file sending (The sender now has a status window) and memory leaks have been patched up along with other minor improvements. Its really worth the 30 seconds to upgrade.

--------------------
 -  -
quote:

bigO
He Who Knows All
Member # 7

- posted      Profile for bigO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see your implication. I like my tacos wrapped in soft euphamism shells. Yummy.

--------------------

Revolver

Lurker
Member # 69

- posted      Profile for Revolver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've said similar sentiments O-sport, something about the irony coming on twice as thick no? WINK WINK

--------------------
 -

Posts: 51 | From: The Sprawl | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
bigO
He Who Knows All
Member # 7

I remember Dino's post as such, but Revolver I havent seen post too much....

--------------------

Revolver

Lurker
Member # 69

- posted      Profile for Revolver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe you got it through the grapevine from me to Arensbak to you eh?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 51 | From: The Sprawl | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
SkyRat
Member # 10

Source code has been posted on sh1tbox for the tux version. I was alerted by mallio (rusty) that I had a message left in bash that told me people are interested in checking out the code. So I put it up. If anyone wants to they can offer suggestions or sumtin, go for it, I know the code is sloppy. BTW, I also included a little script to compile the program if you want to change something and see what happens.

BTW, I don't usually log in as shitbox but as root so leaving msgs in bash is probably not one of the best ways to leave flattering messages. =P

[ April 06, 2003, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: SkyRat[] ]

--------------------
 -  -
quote:

SkyRat
Member # 10

New! Compile CCC yourself! I created a little make file so you can edit CCC if you wish and then just type "make" to compile it! The executable will be named "main". This is included in the source directory.

--------------------
 -  -
quote:

SkyRat
Member # 10

Aw come on, i know yalls wanna compile yer own versions =P

--------------------
 -  -
quote:

bigO
He Who Knows All
Member # 7

im doin it. testin my code against his with my own cerr statements. Very nice.

--------------------

Mystery Man
vote YES to the Heroes bill
Member # 1

- posted      Profile for Mystery Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't have much luck getting it to work

[ April 08, 2003, 07:39 AM: Message edited by: kordik_. ]

Posts: 2726 | From: VP | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
SkyRat
Member # 10

Well whats not working? Do you have GCC 3 or higher? Better question is are you running slackware 8.1? If so that only has GCC 2.95 which is actually very old.

--------------------
 -  -
quote:

Mystery Man
Member # 1

- posted      Profile for Mystery Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, I am still using the older GCC. I could have upgraded it before I compiled KDE 3.1- would have taken a LOT less time to compile, but I was afraid it could mess up and prevent me from compiling anything, including itself. So I guess I'll wait until I make the switch to slackware 9. I'll get around to it. Its just hard to watch my patched orinoco drivers get formatted over yet again.

--------------------
 -

SkyRat
Member # 10

-

Notice the cool icon on the desktop? Notice the msg I left? I'm trying to use CCC 24/7 on the laptop now so yalls better gimme your ips so I can add youz guys.

On a seperate note, the newest posted version of CCCtux has a msg sound event built in. Go grab it!

[ April 10, 2003, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: SkyRat[] ]

--------------------
 -  -
quote:

SkyRat
Member # 10

Forgot to add, the ip you can see me on is 64.198.247.182 - one away from shitbox's ip address. Fire up any ol version of CCC and keep in touch!

--------------------
 -  -
quote:

SkyRat
Member # 10

Alright, I had a new version posted but never advertised it. Anyhoo, its on shitbox as usual. Go grab it!

Read the attatched txt file for whats new.

Thats all I got till after the 15th. Now begins the hellish period of finals.

--------------------
 -  -
quote:

SkyRat
Member # 10

Been a while fellows. Well, I have begun porting to GTK2 since there is a large difference and many cooler things. Tux needs to stay fancy and snazy right? Also copy/pasting and other simple but takern for granted things are infinitely(sp?) easier. Anyhoo, it looks to be long and somewhat painful. I have decided to stay up WAY to late for the next week or so until I get everything working. Currently I have the Tux version able to compile (YAYA!) but the clist will need to be changed over to a treelist for the clist no longer works properly but is fudged all up in gtk2 since they don't want you using it. Anyways I am up too late for work tomorrow but I want to get this port done and free time is lacking. Code on.

--------------------
 -  -
quote:

bigO
He Who Knows All
Member # 7

hmm, movin to the tree control, eh? But that means kordik will be the only one not using it... [Razz] just kidding, no pressure to change, K-dAwG. that's an area where non conformity can be appreciated.

--------------------

SkyRat
Member # 10

The name is decieving. Its a tree/list control built into one. The way I am using it now it is only a list. But it has many more features than the clist I was using.

--------------------
 -  -
quote:

SkyRat
Member # 10

Just to inform you guys, the GTK2 port is almost done but I won't post any downloads until I've added more features, things worthy of a version change. Thanks to my cold (monkey pox?) I have been able to get some good work done.

--------------------
 -  -
quote:

SkyRat
Member # 10

Well, version 2 if finally avaliable for download. Still not 100% mature but its got most kinks worked out.

Almost same functioning as previous version with UI enhancements. List of changed things:

-Switched to newest GUI API -> GTK2.2 which allows for advanced interaction
-Main window reworked to now look snazzy
-Forced to "login" with a nickname although not a true login
-File send/recieve updated to where it should be very close to 100% reliable (now able to send/recieve as many files at a time as you want)
-Most memory leaks hunted for
-User list allows for on the spot interaction/reordering that is saved in buddybase file
-Antialiased fonts as a result of the gtk2 switch
-Copy/Paste now avaliable where it makes sense to allow it
-Some work on MSG send/recieve code to further allow correct chatting when you have or other side has a slow/poor connection
-No more erraneous (sp?) chat windows with bogus IP addresses pop up as a result of the previous fix

Thats all I could think of. As of now its only coming in an executable since the source still needs major cleaning. Check it out, let me know of problems. I will be leaving my client on 24/7 and will be forwarding ports so that you may chat with me.

Download link:

http://www.kordix.com/~everyone/SkyRat/bigtux/bigtux

And sound file:

http://www.kordix.com/~everyone/SkyRat/bigtux/msg_alert.wav

*download at least bigtux and msg_alert - buddybase file is mine for testing

[ July 23, 2003, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: SkyRat[] ]

--------------------
 -  -
quote:

Mystery Man
Member # 1

yay me and my buddy VMware were checking out the sweetness of Big Tux. [Big Grin]

--------------------
 -

SkyRat
Member # 10

Something bawked on the sending code, should be a trivial matter but don't expect to send msgs, i just found out bout it

i'll fix it tomorrow

--------------------
 -  -
quote:

SkyRat
Member # 10

Fixed and fixed.

--------------------
 -  -
quote:

SkyRat
Member # 10

Nother update, on the codecrave ftp site. Install instructions are there since this one works different from last ones. I have actually had the majority of this update laying around b/c I did it a while ago. I figured I should actually announce it anyhoo. Biggest thing is that the cubix side of encryption is finally just about finished. The Diffie-Hellman exchange method still needs to be changed to the improved Diffie-Hellman. Anyhow, if anyone actually cares much anymore its there. Mike, I'll explain the cubix stuff again cause I lost the paper we wrote on. Kordik, if you want to know it (will you even read this, you've been absent from boardix as of late) I can type it up.

--------------------
 -  -
quote:

Mystery Man
Member # 1

Absent from boardix? Pah.

--------------------
 -

bigO
He Who Knows All
Member # 7

he just never posts anymore. He reads it like a mofo with fire ants in his drawers of underwear.

--------------------

SkyRat
Member # 10

I'm working on a router work-around where the default port can be overridden so more than one person behind a router can communicate. Just wanted to let everyone know I'm still working on it. Bit by bit, more slowly than the summer but I'm still trying to stay active.

Big plans for future ("reaching" for the sky stuff):

VoIP integration for talking (With some already built GNU released software this should actually be easy)

Ability to specify webpage database where users can add their information so you can auto-update your list (still serverless environment just using webservers which are easy to come by for updating buddy list information)

Thats all I could think of now. Kordik, I remember you had a text file of ideas that looked interesting. Do you still have that/could you post them? I always like to hear new ideas.

--------------------
 -  -
quote:

SkyRat
Member # 10

Thought I should also post and let people know that I finished implementing the improved Diffie-Hellman algorithm so encryption (besides certificate exchange which requires mike's hash knowledge help) is completed unless some unforseen large security hole is found.

--------------------
 -  -
quote:

bigO
He Who Knows All
Member # 7

ha-shink ---- ha-shink ---- hashink hashink hash!

Whatdayaneed to know? Trow in some numba's, get a smalla numba. Watch out fo da birtday paradox (in a room of 23 people, dere is a 50% chance that at least 2 of em were born on da same day, derefore it can be highly likely that you will find two keys that hash to da same result). I don know much about coding a hashing algoritm, i jus know how dey work, is all.

--------------------

SkyRat
Member # 10

cough*kordik*cough

You ever going to, ya know, lemme know if you found that txt file/post it? Or shall I give up about bugging you?

--------------------
 -  -
quote:

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

kordix.com

(C)2000-2011 The Boardix Community