boardix

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» boardix   » Groups   » Codecrave   » CCC - TUX (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: CCC - TUX
What Huh Studios
Member # 100

- posted      Profile for What Huh Studios     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey, in madison there is a "local card ring" so to speak where they use AIM to let people know when card games are coming up. trouble is, cops are clued in on this and games are getting shut down. whatya think of sharing the technology and I could get people set up with a modified version of CCC so that the cops are one step behind?

--------------------
http://www.whathuhstudios.com

Posts: 1687 | From: Villa park | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
bigO
He Who Knows All
Member # 7

- posted      Profile for bigO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow, that is exatly what it is meant for. getting by security. the cops'll never know what hit em. and since everyone uses windows, i'll be the one to get all the complaints...but no pr is bad pr. do eeeeeettttt!!

--------------------
Anybody can be cool, but AWESOME takes practice.

Posts: 4524 | From: VP luv | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
What Huh Studios
Member # 100

- posted      Profile for What Huh Studios     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the only thing i'm worried about is everyone being on dynamic IP's. I'm hoping to find some way to make a "server" program or a no-ip address to let everyone get a hold of the main "bot" that would have all the most recent info.

i basically was thinking about having a main server "bot" that would have the info, and a client side type thing with nothing but a few command buttons to retrieve the most recent info. ya know.. like a search type thing with filters or something where you could search a database with start times and buy in amounts and so on. i have to pitch the idea first though.

--------------------

SkyRat
Resident Director of Personal
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for SkyRat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I considered having a webhserver host contain a file that users would update when they signed online. I just thought it would be an easy, cheap, and uptime worthy idea. The "master server" would also be easier to remember via a webaddress than an ip. People could also browse the file themselves, outside of the program.

My two cents.

--------------------
 -  -
quote:
With the stupid limit on sigs my googlism won't fit!!

Posts: 2522 | From: BFH | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
SkyRat
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for SkyRat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't read all of your post so my statement may seem a bit odd, but the webserver idea would also work for having start/buy in ammounts listed

--------------------
 -  -
quote:

SkyRat
Member # 10

Oh, and if you want help modifying my version of CCC for the linux folk, I'll do my best to help, but time is a constraint. My code is probably hellish looking to others in some places.

If I remember correctly, encrypted chatting and verification of the person on the other end via an md5 hash of their certificate is working, probably a bug er two in there but nothing that couldn't be fixed if someone found it/pointed it out.

--------------------
 -  -
quote:

What Huh Studios
Member # 100

heya.... been a while since I've touched ccc, don't know about you guys, but i'd love to try out the tux version if you're willing to post it to my public ftp or reconnect your cjb site.

http://www.kordix.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000505#000000

just in case there weren't enough links to the public FTP's post

--------------------

Mystery Man
vote YES to the Heroes bill
Member # 1

- posted      Profile for Mystery Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Just Dan:
i'd love to try out the tux version if you're willing to post it...

http://codecrave.kordix.com/CCC/BigTux/

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2726 | From: VP | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
What Huh Studios
Member # 100

kinda forgot that existed. thanks.

--------------------

SkyRat
Member # 10

Yikes don't touch whats there, I believe it to be really old. I'll get the newest version (4-5months old? kinda depressing) up there.

--------------------
 -  -
quote:

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

kordix.com

(C)2000-2011 The Boardix Community