boardix

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» boardix   » Groups   » Codecrave   » CCC++ : GATES (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: CCC++ : GATES
bigO
He Who Knows All
Member # 7

- posted      Profile for bigO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I finally decided to release a stable (i hope) version of my CCC Client. It complies to daves. yay! read the release notes for more info.

CCC-Zer0 v 0.1.zip
CCC-Zer0 v 0.15.zip
CCC-Zer0 v 4.1 final.zip<-Joke, very old build, modified slightly
CCC-Zer0 v 0.20.zip
CCC-Zer0 v 0.25.zip
CCC-Zer0 v 0.30.zip
The big-O generation:
CCC-big-O v 0.35 ZerO.zip
CCC-big-O v 0.40 ZerO.zip
CCC-big-O v 0.45 ZerO.zip

[ July 31, 2003, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: MalliO ]

Posts: 4522 | From: VP luv | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
SkyRat
Resident Director of Personal
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for SkyRat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got my copy, do you!?

P.S. It works great with CCC Tux version too!!! Just can't send files or encrypt yet

Mallio: or can it????? Get version 0.30!

[ April 11, 2003, 03:30 AM: Message edited by: MalliO ]

Posts: 2518 | From: BFH | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mystery Man
vote YES to the Heroes bill
Member # 1

- posted      Profile for Mystery Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got it. Cmon everyone lets give this thing a stress test and Beta test the crap out of it. It begins.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2726 | From: VP | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mystery Man
Member # 1

- posted      Profile for Mystery Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like being Mallio. Wait...

--------------------
 -

skilletisthebest
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for skilletisthebest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The default username is Mallio... I manna name myself! That would be a good thing to incorporate... Cool so far! "Grand" job!

--------------------
if you walk away, i'll walk away
and it all boils down to one quotable phrase, "if you love something give it away"

Posts: 453 | From: ISU | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
bigO
He Who Knows All
Member # 7

- posted      Profile for bigO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, yes....i forgot that. An i will start adding that in 1 minute. time me. (i wont change the version though...screw that. no one needs to know about this overlooky)

Or i could leave it, and call it CCC - Being the Mallio, and make it so eveything you say is mallio....

--------------------
Anybody can be cool, but AWESOME takes practice.

bigO
He Who Knows All
Member # 7

Done.

You can also type /nick

--------------------

bigO
He Who Knows All
Member # 7

CCC-Zer0 v 0.15.zip

There we go, yet another one. YAY!

Hmm, time to start adding file crap and boosh an boosh.

Argh, but i'll have another school problem by then....pooooooooo. Oh well.

--------------------

Mystery Man
Member # 1

Well, I am unable to talk to myself with the new version.

--------------------
 -

bigO
He Who Knows All
Member # 7

if talking to yourself is taht important, you might have a disease. Get that checked [Wink]

Anyway, yeah, i mention that in the notes. i dunno why it happens, but it works fine from me to dave and vice versa.

--------------------

SkyRat
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for SkyRat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can't talk to yourself w/the tux version either. If you absolutely need to, you got probs, yes you do!

hmm, edit so I can see the siggy

[ March 16, 2003, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: SkyRat[] ]

--------------------
 -  -
quote:
With the stupid limit on sigs my googlism won't fit!!

Mystery Man
Member # 1

you guys is some hoes.

--------------------
 -

bigO
He Who Knows All
Member # 7

yo yo yo
Its about time for another release!!!

CCC-Zer0 v 4.1 final.zip

Yeah, i decided to stop working on it, so i jumped the version to 4.1 implying finality. Its done, but its great. Everything works.

--------------------

Mystery Man
Member # 1

I found a bug in this "bug-free" app. It thinks every day is teh first day of april. What a shame.
bigO
He Who Knows All
Member # 7

OH yeah, April Fools!

Here's the real update:
CCC-ZerO v 0.20.zip

[ April 02, 2003, 09:31 AM: Message edited by: MalliO ]

--------------------

Mystery Man
Member # 1

wow the mfc dll. just what i've always wanted.

--------------------
 -

bigO
He Who Knows All
Member # 7

thats weird, the ews computers are bein weird or somn...well, now the fahadkhan ftp version is linked (hopefully it doesnt crash again), it has everything needed...

can anyone figure out where the other peices went in the other zip? THats really weird...

--------------------

bigO
He Who Knows All
Member # 7

Additional bug found:

*If you close a window while chatting, it saves the conversation as said before, but won't allow reopening the conversation. Right now, if you switch to switchboard mode, then back to window mode, you get them back. This should be fixed shortly, as i have tons o time the rest of the week.

--------------------

bigO
He Who Knows All
Member # 7

okay, that was fixed. Along witha bug int he tabbing of the switchboard dialog. and you now cant close the switchboard window, but you can close the individual conversations.

read the notes for additional info

CCC-ZerO v 0.25.zip

[ April 03, 2003, 12:44 AM: Message edited by: MalliO ]

--------------------

SkyRat
Member # 10

Dang rusty you gonna be on version 1 before you know it if you keep making small revisions into releases. Thats why I went to the dating system. Its not a release but an update of the beta. You release wh0re!

--------------------
 -  -
quote:

bigO
He Who Knows All
Member # 7

naw man, i have a system. I increment by 0.1 if and only if (iff) i add something very new, like a new dialog window. I only went from .1 to .2 after adding the switchboard window. adding "wigets" to a window and extra functionality only gets a "halfway" between the last release and the next .1, so like if i make a couple of changes that drastically affect functionality, but dont change the appearance, it will be .275

So i assure you I won't get past 1.0 until beta testing is over.

--------------------

Mystery Man
Member # 1

paste friendly IP entry

--------------------
 -

bigO
He Who Knows All
Member # 7

CCC-Zer0 v 0.30.zip

I can't figure out the paste friendly IP thing, I may in the future...

Anyway, i lied and have another release. This one can send files.

Also, it has a new userlist file format that is editable, and will convert your old userlist to the new format automatically. That is how cool it is.

Also, the userlist isnt blinking. much more stable.

But hey, what am i doing> read the fricken release notes, ya bums!
</Release Notes Summary>

Oh, and give me some FEEDBACK!!! STRESS TEST!!!

[ April 11, 2003, 03:32 AM: Message edited by: MalliO ]

--------------------

Mystery Man
Member # 1

Sounds awesome- wish I didn't just overwrite my 0.25 with the version 0.1 that you just posted. [Smile]

Try uploading it again, with the correct version. Its April 11th, not the 1st. [Big Grin]

Keep up the good work.

--------------------
 -

bigO
He Who Knows All
Member # 7

Stupid winace.

anywho, i also tested it and found some errors in the conversion from an old userlist format (wouldnt save changes), so i fixed them. It should be good now. (This is why I need to release with every major change...otherwise, i get screwed up and overlook things.)

--------------------

bigO
He Who Knows All
Member # 7

There seems to be a problem with file sending over distances...man, i need a fricken MSG_WAITALL flag. Jeez.

--------------------

What Huh Studios
Member # 100

- posted      Profile for What Huh Studios     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so..i would like to try this thing out, but I dont' know anybody's ip addresses...

--------------------
http://www.whathuhstudios.com

Posts: 1687 | From: Villa park | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
SkyRat
Member # 10

64.198.247.182 - my laptop running the linux version. I'm not usually using or on the laptop it at this time since most of my online time is devoted to homework and no coding but you can leave some messages.

--------------------
 -  -
quote:

bigO
He Who Knows All
Member # 7

64.198.245.228 = Mallio, HardCoreCoder of the only windows client (so far, kordik) of CCC

I go on and off...i'm testing it all the time. Plus it has a fatty memory leak that causes it to jump from 4MB to 17MB in one night...oddly enough, closing windows seems to cause memory usage to go up...

--------------------

What Huh Studios
Member # 100

- posted      Profile for What Huh Studios     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
64.109.133.180 blind487 for you.

That's probably because you just hide the window and don't deallocate it... and a hidden window takes more memory cuz windows has to rememeber not to draw it... (kinda) and every time you make a new window, it just keeps adding onto it... I had a similar problem... take a look at it

Hey, could I see your source code???.... Please???

[ April 20, 2003, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: Just Dan ]

--------------------

What Huh Studios
Member # 100

feature requests:
hey, make that close button in switchboard mode actually close the switchboard mode...

--------------------

What Huh Studios
Member # 100

ok, check this:

have the CCC client broadcast the computers IP every so often, or find a server that isn't being used and have the client send the IP address along with the nick to the server. Then, the clients can also be set to listen, or pick up the data from the server every 3 seconds or so, and the IP address wouldn't even be needed. It would show who's using CCC at the time, and also since it's updated every 3 seconds or so, who has closed their connection and logged off. Since CCC is still small, there wouldn't be a slow down in showing EVERYONE who has the program open, and would definatly be more functional... of course then you might have to implement a block feature..

--------------------

Mystery Man
Member # 1

we have discussed all that jazz and the plan has been to remain serverless since day one.

--------------------
 -

What Huh Studios
Member # 100

oh, hehe my bad

--------------------

bigO
He Who Knows All
Member # 7

Yeah, I'll do that, the close the mode thing, and go back to windowed mode.

As for memory:

deleting on a ptr that is associated with the window causs errors (i think there are some window timing problems, with its internal crap, i dunno)

So, what i do, as is recommeded, is add a handler for the WM_CLOSE message, call DestroyWindow from there, override the PostNcDestroy method, and say "delete this" in there. Supposedly this should work, but doesn't seem to. It doesnt seem to be as bad as i thought...But now, thread stuff is givin me memory problems. Argh. I needs me some garbage collection (thought i DO NOT want to use java, so many other downsides)

As for source code:

Soon enough, just gotta work some stuff out (I hate when i screw stuff up too much)
Plus i want to add some readabiliy.
But, on this page, you can see some of my source (no resource files or anything) and not nearly all of it. This is what was there for like version .1 (I planned on posting it earlier), so not updated and i cut out at least one of the classes, and there is at least 8 KB of code not in there. But whatever, its better than nothing, and gives a basic idea.

[ April 21, 2003, 02:20 AM: Message edited by: MalliO ]

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

kordix.com

(C)2000-2011 The Boardix Community