boardix

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» boardix   » Groups   » Codecrave   » CCC - BigRed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CCC - BigRed
Mystery Man
vote YES to the Heroes bill
Member # 1

- posted      Profile for Mystery Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DOWNLOAD LATEST FILES
*Requires .NET Framework. Install it with Windows Update if you don't already have it.

-

Release notes are in the readme.

[ August 01, 2003, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: kordik ]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2726 | From: VP | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
bigO
He Who Knows All
Member # 7

- posted      Profile for bigO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess i didnt really go to bed, i decided to test this thing a little bit

Issues:
I can add 555.555.555.555 successfully, though there is a ! thing. I cna then open a window, and message them(though that gives an error) However, i can message 111.111.111.111 sucefully, though that is not real, and is not online, without error.

Awesome about box though.

--------------------
Anybody can be cool, but AWESOME takes practice.

Posts: 4521 | From: VP luv | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
What Huh Studios
Member # 100

- posted      Profile for What Huh Studios     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
check out the about dialog... when i click it after its done fading in (way cool) it disappears too quickly to see the message. When i click it before it's done fading in, it goes to the information section, but won't exit and need to forcibally shut it down. A redraw also needs to be added for the table once the about dialog is closed, i was left with empty table sections about 20% of the time when clicking it.

All in all I like the GUI, simple and effective.

Not important, per se, but still worth to mention, i think.

--------------------
http://www.whathuhstudios.com

Posts: 1687 | From: Villa park | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
SkyRat
Resident Director of Personal
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for SkyRat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Help out those of us who don't have XP/.net/dll files/dev-libraries that it needs.

I need mscoree.dll, someone help.

--------------------
 -  -
quote:
With the stupid limit on sigs my googlism won't fit!!

Posts: 2518 | From: BFH | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
SkyRat
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for SkyRat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dang it, release notes tell me I net .net framework, grumble grumble, well I'm off to get rate limited =)

Stupid stupid bhnet.

--------------------
 -  -
quote:

Mystery Man
Member # 1

- posted      Profile for Mystery Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
update: 1.0.1208.x

--------------------
 -

What Huh Studios
Member # 100

- posted      Profile for What Huh Studios     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, here's my daily bug report, cuz there is no neato "Report Bugs Here" button...

It appears that when one host times out when checking for online status, all nicks are marked as offline, it seems to get stuck on daves then just quit and mark everyone as off rather that skipping over after a timeout period.

the /nick command allows you to name yourself a nick longer than 9, although when sending it does cut off the excess

But gawdamn it sure is prettier than mine...

[ April 24, 2003, 04:00 AM: Message edited by: Just Dan ]

--------------------

SkyRat
Member # 10

Yo punk, fix dem stuff so you send null terminated strings, cause your version reply gets all pug fuggly on my and mike's arses.

--------------------
 -  -
quote:

What Huh Studios
Member # 100

Whatcha doin up in my registry Willis?

--------------------

Mystery Man
Member # 1

look its 1218.

--------------------
 -

What Huh Studios
Member # 100

Well Kordik, I guess I will have to change mine to "Old Big Red" style now... but yea! to compatibility!!!

--------------------

What Huh Studios
Member # 100

tre pimp as well...

Damn your preferences screen looks tight, I only wish I could do that.... But man, VB.NET seems like a pain in the ass, I tried to import my old project and it just wasn't worth it. VB6 is working out just fine for me.

flag 6: when a user on your list is detected as online, your client sends a flag 6 and your user name. This way, if you have a dynamic IP, the other guy knows that you are on, even if he isn't on your buddy list, i didn't want to put the recognition in the online state checking, because that gets checked all the time, and would just end up having an infinite loop. After the initial time your flag 6 is sent, it is resent to that user every 60 seconds. The way my client handles it is by automatically adding that user name and IP address to your IP list. IM me if you have questions/concerns. I will add preferences to what to do with flag 6 by the next release

Check out what happens when you run 2 CCC's at one, a slew of "Not in your list" messages and then a crash, and also i got an error when i closed the program.

--------------------

bigO
He Who Knows All
Member # 7

- posted      Profile for bigO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I gots to say good work my boy.

I can't beleive i still haven't adds preferences yet...I made a dialog for it, if you res hack it as early as 0.1 you can see it. But, that is definately the next thing as soon as i finish this encryption stuff(And the preference dialog will definately be a different format, but will probably include most of the tuff on it now) Then I too can be tre pimp.

Man, i wish i knew how to make effective resizeable windows...fricken vc++

Oh, almost forgot, props to the memory cleaning. Now it is pretty close to mine in that area (but you still need to get rid of those time_wait/close_wait states of the sockets. if you leave that open for more than a few days you will effectively port f**k yourself)

--------------------

What Huh Studios
Member # 100

MalliO... for the resizeable windows, all you do is resize the controls to fit the window, if I remember correctly (which I'm sure I don't) it's pretty easy to do.

--------------------

bigO
He Who Knows All
Member # 7

i'm pretty sure i'd need to add a handler for the WM_ON_RESIZE or whatever message and then redraw the positions of all the controls, which may happen eventually, but would probably be a days worth of coding.

--------------------

Mystery Man
Member # 1

look its 1227.

--------------------
 -

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

kordix.com

(C)2000-2011 The Boardix Community