boardix

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» boardix   » Public   » Lounge   » Fitocracy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fitocracy
Kitty
meow
Member # 225

- posted      Profile for Kitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, in the spirit of friendly competition, I'd like to invite you all to join Fitocracy. Fitocracy is a fitness website where you log your workouts and receive points for what you do. More strenuous exercise equals more points. Meeting certain point levels allows you to level up. Oh, and there are "quests" that you can complete for bonus points! Anyway, the best part is that you can add friends and compete for the highest points.

I started logging my exercise on Fitocracy a couple of weeks ago and I'm on level 4 right now. I'd really like to have some people to compete against to motivate me to work out more! We could even make a group for us all to join so that we can easily view the leaderboard to see who has the most points at any given time. Any interest?

(By the way, is anyone already on Fitocracy? I can't seem to find an easy way to search for friends if I don't already know their usernames.)

Posts: 295 | From: Urbana | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kaelinth

Lurker
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Kaelinth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in! I'll let you know when I'm all set-up on there!

--------------------
I'll put something witty here later...

Posts: 59 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged
Kaelinth

Lurker
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Kaelinth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you send invites? Apparently it's not open to the public yet.

--------------------

Kitty
meow
Member # 225

- posted      Profile for Kitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oops, sure! I have 9 invites left right now, so whoever wants to join, let me know which email address you want me to send it to!
Kaelinth

Lurker
Member # 309

Sent a message to ya.

--------------------

Kaelinth

Lurker
Member # 309

Username: Kaelinth

--------------------

DK
This GIF was on my first website ever.
Member # 224

- posted      Profile for DK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds awesome, sent you a PM for a delicious invite!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 838 | From: Villa Park, IL | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kitty
meow
Member # 225

Invites sent! I'll start some sort of group for us all to join so we can compete. [Wink]
diddyp
Have lance, will travel
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for diddyp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm there too. And I'm going to make a concerted effort to actually post my workouts.

--------------------
the universe is made of stories, not atoms.

-muriel rukeyser

Posts: 3061 | From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
SkyRat
Resident Director of Personal
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for SkyRat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need some motivation. Sign me up.

--------------------
 -  -
quote:
With the stupid limit on sigs my googlism won't fit!!

Posts: 2536 | From: BFH | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
JenMagenta
Member # 70

- posted      Profile for JenMagenta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
me too!

--------------------
Can I bake you some cookies?

Posts: 1913 | From: phoenix, az | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Hollimer
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Hollimer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got 10 invites too, let me know if you run out.

maybe I'll start working out again so I have something to log.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2463 | From: around | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
JenMagenta
Member # 70

- posted      Profile for JenMagenta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i can't figure out how to join the bfh group. when i click on the notification that julia has invited me to the group, it doesn't take me anywhere. anyone figure it out??

--------------------

JenMagenta
Member # 70

just saw this on groupon... i wonder if they work!! [Smile]

--------------------

Hollimer
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Hollimer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Snugly fitting shorts help wearers drop jeans sizes by intensifying body heat to increase perspiration"

If you want to use temperature difference to lose weight, you're better off taking ice cold showers. Your body then has to burn more calories to maintain/regain normal body temps. For best results, apply cold to chest, shoulders, neck. No scientific human trials on this yet that I've heard of, but lots of anecdotal evidence. Science!

Also check out "4 Hour Body" for more info on that and other "hacking" your way to fitness.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2463 | From: around | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kitty
meow
Member # 225

I wish hot showers counted as exercise. I'm a pro at staying in the shower for a really long time.

Also, I believe I made the Big Freakin' Fitness group private now, so let me know if you aren't in yet and you can't find it!

g staff

Lurker
Member # 303

- posted      Profile for g staff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am in. I want to sign up the dog for dog book and then invite her...she is super fit. Ran around couch at full speed 40xs.
Griegs
Member # 119

- posted      Profile for Griegs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How did I miss this thread?!?! I want in!

--------------------
"Okay---so what is your point in doing any of this? Most people would sooner kill a person than an animal---most of us know that, I don't see that you're saying anything new or original."

Posts: 1946 | From: Champaign | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kitty
meow
Member # 225

Send me your email address and I'll get you an invite!

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

kordix.com

(C)2000-2011 The Boardix Community