boardix

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» boardix   » Public   » The Gallery   » Mr. Robert's Neighborhood

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mr. Robert's Neighborhood
Thatsafinecigar
Member # 137

- posted      Profile for Thatsafinecigar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am finally posting a link to the video, however I was unable to edit it so the interview is still there. Feel free to fast forward past that part because it is quite boring. Here it is Mr. Robert's Neighborhood.
Posts: 581 | From: Champaign | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
DK
This GIF was on my first website ever.
Member # 224

- posted      Profile for DK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite minute mark: 1:47. Comedic timing with editing is my flavorite.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 831 | From: Villa Park, IL | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
j0n
resident cyclist (aka - dude w/ the pole)
Member # 11

- posted      Profile for j0n     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
whoa, the end is creepy as hell

--------------------
Ninety percent of the time it doesn't happen, and probably it's just as well it doesn't, though if you can't get a level of candor on sex and you choose to behave instead as if this isn't ever on your mind, the male friendship is incomplete
P. Roth

bigO
He Who Knows All
Member # 7

- posted      Profile for bigO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was a fan of the fact that while i could tell brend was doing the voices of both of the puppets, i started to seriously doubt myself when it appeared that they were improvising and each puppet seemed legitimately suprised and thrown off by what the other puppet said. i'm pretty sure brend has multiple personalities. pretty much everything said after he corrects himself by saying that its 9 and not 10 mindfucked me.

also, if she can get drunk on $12 of booze at the bars, why the hell is she spending $60 every time she goes? does that price include services?

--------------------
Anybody can be cool, but AWESOME takes practice.

Posts: 4521 | From: VP luv | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
JenMagenta
Member # 70

- posted      Profile for JenMagenta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
also, $60/night x 4 nights a week = $240 x 4 weeks a month = $960. but his numbers never got that high...

--------------------
Can I bake you some cookies?

Posts: 1845 | From: phoenix, az | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
bigO
He Who Knows All
Member # 7

- posted      Profile for bigO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
man i wish i had $1000/mo to spend on booze or whatever else during college. Actually, $960, but i'll let myself round up.

--------------------

Thatsafinecigar
Member # 137

- posted      Profile for Thatsafinecigar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The numbers stated were just the savings if she pre-drank, not the totals. She only drinks $10 martinis at nice bars/clubs evidently.
SkyRat
Resident Director of Personal
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for SkyRat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That video was funtastical.

--------------------
 -  -
quote:
With the stupid limit on sigs my googlism won't fit!!

Posts: 2518 | From: BFH | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
illinicari11
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for illinicari11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that was both hilarious and horrifying.
especially the singing.

--------------------
When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be AWESOME instead. True story.

Posts: 291 | From: Champaign | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Griegs
Member # 119

- posted      Profile for Griegs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love that the trolley drives off the table and crashes.

--------------------
"Okay---so what is your point in doing any of this? Most people would sooner kill a person than an animal---most of us know that, I don't see that you're saying anything new or original."

Posts: 1933 | From: Champaign | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kitty
meow
Member # 225

- posted      Profile for Kitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would you be mine? Could you be... mine?
Posts: 277 | From: Urbana | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Cheeky
Prodigal Member
Member # 18

- posted      Profile for Cheeky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brend, what happened to your womb broom? You look so much ... not like a professor.

That video should be submitted to Sundance.

--------------------
Konichiwa. Watashi-wa Corey-desu. Hajime mashite.

Posts: 1524 | From: Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Griegs
Member # 119

- posted      Profile for Griegs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Womb Broom?!? Wow, it's moments like this that really make me miss Corey.

--------------------
"Okay---so what is your point in doing any of this? Most people would sooner kill a person than an animal---most of us know that, I don't see that you're saying anything new or original."

Posts: 1933 | From: Champaign | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
j0n
resident cyclist (aka - dude w/ the pole)
Member # 11

- posted      Profile for j0n     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Womb broom? Hmmm. . . Oh. . . OH. . . OOOOOOOHHHHHH, NASTY!

--------------------
Ninety percent of the time it doesn't happen, and probably it's just as well it doesn't, though if you can't get a level of candor on sex and you choose to behave instead as if this isn't ever on your mind, the male friendship is incomplete
P. Roth

bigO
He Who Knows All
Member # 7

jon, that was the perfect expression of my thoughts exactly when i read that.

--------------------

Thatsafinecigar
Member # 137

Finally have the interview edited out and it is posted somewhere permanent.

Mr. Robert's Neighborhood

Kitty
meow
Member # 225

- posted      Profile for Kitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Creepiest movie ever, but a classic. Excellent work, Mr. Robert. The song at the end is amazing. It's so amazing, in fact, that I just decided to spend a few minutes of my evening transcribing the lyrics.

Mr. Robert's Neighborhood:

It's a beautiful day in this campus town, a beautiful day for a student.
Would you be mine? Could you be mine?

It's a studenty day in this rental house, a studenty day for a rental.
Would you be mine? Could you be mine?

I've always wanted to have a student just like you.
I've always wanted to live in a campus town with you.

So let's make the most of this tight-fisted day.
Since we're together we might as well say,

"Would you be mine? Could you be mine?
Won't you be my student?
Won't you please, won't you please,
Please won't you be my student?"

Posts: 277 | From: Urbana | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

kordix.com

(C)2000-2011 The Boardix Community