boardix

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» boardix   » Public   » Eats   » Hopslam 2011

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hopslam 2011
SkyRat
Resident Director of Personal
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for SkyRat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Release date is this Monday. Keep your eyes open.

--------------------
 -  -
quote:
With the stupid limit on sigs my googlism won't fit!!

Posts: 2521 | From: BFH | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Griegs
Member # 119

- posted      Profile for Griegs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Binny's downtown is doing a release on the 16th.
Posts: 1934 | From: Champaign | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
bigO
He Who Knows All
Member # 7

- posted      Profile for bigO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Binny's website talks about a release party on thursday at the South Loop location.

--------------------
Anybody can be cool, but AWESOME takes practice.

Posts: 4524 | From: VP luv | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
SkyRat
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for SkyRat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Binny's in Schaumburg says Thursday. Sal's does as well.

--------------------
 -  -
quote:

diddyp
Have lance, will travel
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for diddyp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a dream last night that I bought the last two six packs at Friar Tuck. I don't actually know if and when they'll have it, but, apparently, I'm excited about Hopslam.

--------------------
the universe is made of stories, not atoms.

-muriel rukeyser

Posts: 3033 | From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Griegs
Member # 119

- posted      Profile for Griegs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm hearing Thursday everywhere. I wonder when they get beer deliveries. I am in the middle of finals right now and get a lunch break around 12:35, so I may use it to go get a couple of six packs.
Posts: 1934 | From: Champaign | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
bigO
He Who Knows All
Member # 7

- posted      Profile for bigO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard somewhere that they shipped on the 10th, and after that, it's up to the stores to decide when to shelve them.

--------------------

Hollimer
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Hollimer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Griegs:
I'm hearing Thursday everywhere. I wonder when they get beer deliveries. I am in the middle of finals right now and get a lunch break around 12:35, so I may use it to go get a couple of six packs.

Rob at afternoon finals: "Fuck it! As for everyone! Have a beer, kid."

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2452 | From: around | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
SkyRat
Member # 10

It took visiting four liquor stores (and thanks to Sarah and my dad) but I got a case + 4. BTW, Doti's in Elmhurst seems to be the diamond in the rough again.

Binny's in Glen Ellyn is getting 30 cases tomorrow or anyone who still needs to get there fix on.

--------------------
 -  -
quote:

j0n
resident cyclist (aka - dude w/ the pole)
Member # 11

- posted      Profile for j0n     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Places by me don't have it yet, or maybe they're not getting it. Save some for me Dave! I'll pay you!

--------------------
Ninety percent of the time it doesn't happen, and probably it's just as well it doesn't, though if you can't get a level of candor on sex and you choose to behave instead as if this isn't ever on your mind, the male friendship is incomplete
P. Roth

bigO
He Who Knows All
Member # 7

What are people paying this year? I just picked up 2 six packs at Foremost in Villa Park and they were $20 each! I feel like Doti had them for 16/17 last year.

Anyone have any info on mini-kegs or seen any? All I can find on them is some forum post about the Lakeview Binny's getting 10 on the 20th.

Side note: While I thought four loko was illegal now, they had it at foremost. So I picked up a few cans. Between that and hopslam, I think I'm going to die.

--------------------

DK
This GIF was on my first website ever.
Member # 224

- posted      Profile for DK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd definitely keep an eye on a Twitter search for hopslam- you can find where they have it in bottles, where they have it on tap, and prices people are paying as well.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 831 | From: Villa Park, IL | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
SkyRat
Member # 10

Got a sixer from famous for 18.67 after tax. Sarah says it was 16.99 (before tax) at Doti's.

--------------------
 -  -
quote:

bigO
He Who Knows All
Member # 7

Ah, okay, the price hasn't changed, foremost is just a rip-off. Good to know.

--------------------

bigO
He Who Knows All
Member # 7

I was browsing the reddit threads about hopslam, expecting a bunch of people saying "overrated", but that wasn't really the case. Sure there are a few, and some others talking about Pliny the Elder being better, but for the most part it's posts like, "At first I thought, 'goddammit, this can't possibly be worth $20,' but as soon as I tried it I was like 'LET ME GIVE YOU MONEY!'"

--------------------

Hollimer
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Hollimer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the other beer thread was planning and zoning, so I figured it'd fit better here. Info on brewing a clone/close approximation

--------------------
 -

Kaelinth

Lurker
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Kaelinth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adam and I found it at a random Wine Shop on S Dearborn at Polk for about $16...just walked in and they had a decent amount.

So, apparently the small shops in the city have it, if anyone is interested.

--------------------
I'll put something witty here later...

Posts: 39 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged
Princevermont
Workin Man
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Princevermont     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was with Emily visiting some of her friends saturday, and on the way we stopped into some random liquor store and it was there, got me a 6 pack, drank 4, didnt realize its 10%, but boy was it delicious

--------------------
Ubuntu 10.10 ::: 10/10/10
 -

Posts: 885 | From: Lisle, IL | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Hollimer
Member # 6

Wait, Adam and Emily, did you guys find it somewhere?

--------------------
 -

Princevermont
Workin Man
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Princevermont     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This place: http://www.printersrowwine.com/
the location at 719 S. Dearborn Street

they even have a hopslam ad on the front page.

--------------------
Ubuntu 10.10 ::: 10/10/10
 -

Posts: 885 | From: Lisle, IL | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
bigO
He Who Knows All
Member # 7

4 months away.

Found this on a youtube page of a guy with an epic beard who reviews a new beer just about every day. Here's his review of Hopslam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSAq2FzpF2k

Spoiler alert: it's liquid sex.

--------------------

SkyRat
Member # 10

That guy gets a 10 for beards from me.

--------------------
 -  -
quote:

j0n
resident cyclist (aka - dude w/ the pole)
Member # 11

- posted      Profile for j0n     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still prefer Green Flash's West Coast IPA to Hopslam. The slight sweetness in Hopslam takes it down a notch for me.

Also, This could be awesome.

--------------------
Ninety percent of the time it doesn't happen, and probably it's just as well it doesn't, though if you can't get a level of candor on sex and you choose to behave instead as if this isn't ever on your mind, the male friendship is incomplete
P. Roth

bigO
He Who Knows All
Member # 7

I found Green Flash on tap at a sandwich place across the street from where I work. It's really good, but I'm still in the Hopslam camp.

--------------------

JenMagenta
Member # 70

- posted      Profile for JenMagenta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jon and i are going to hopageddon on saturday

--------------------
Can I bake you some cookies?

Posts: 1853 | From: phoenix, az | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

kordix.com

(C)2000-2011 The Boardix Community