boardix

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» boardix   » Public   » Politics and Policy   » 46th GOP Primary

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 46th GOP Primary
j0n
resident cyclist (aka - dude w/ the pole)
Member # 11

- posted      Profile for j0n     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just found out that Dan's dad is running against someone I went to grade school with! Sun Times Article FYI: If I was able to vote, I'd vote for Dan's dad. I don't have anything against the guy I went to school with (he was a nice guy back then, although he did give Dave "the yuck toe") but he's kinda stretching the truth about his small business experience. It's a family business that's been around for a long time.

--------------------
Ninety percent of the time it doesn't happen, and probably it's just as well it doesn't, though if you can't get a level of candor on sex and you choose to behave instead as if this isn't ever on your mind, the male friendship is incomplete
P. Roth

JenMagenta
Member # 70

- posted      Profile for JenMagenta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the Daily Herald endorsed Kordik : http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20120226/discuss/702269918/

--------------------
Can I bake you some cookies?

Posts: 1977 | From: phoenix, az | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
bigO
He Who Knows All
Member # 7

- posted      Profile for bigO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Kordik said he supports a constitutional amendment to make the state income tax progressive instead of flat
That's an interesting position for him to take as a Republican, but good for him. As of 2009 we had the 6th most regressive tax system in the country (not sure how the recent increase in income tax affects that, but since it was an across the board increase I doubt it helps).

--------------------
Anybody can be cool, but AWESOME takes practice.

Posts: 4586 | From: VP luv | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
SkyRat
Resident Director of Personal
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for SkyRat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did my duty as a citizen and voted for the better candidate today (hint, it was for someone most of us have met).

--------------------
 -  -
quote:
With the stupid limit on sigs my googlism won't fit!!

Posts: 2556 | From: BFH | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
SkyRat
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for SkyRat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have a winner:

http://dupageresults.com/results/2012_03_results/Republican-1.htm

quote:
Rep 46 R R
Total
Number of Precincts 75
Precincts Reporting 75 100.0 %
Times Counted 7311/51746 14.1 %
Total Votes 6680
John Chip Humes R 3012 45.09%
Daniel J. Kordik R 3668 54.91%

--------------------
 -  -
quote:

diddyp
Have lance, will travel
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for diddyp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats to Mr. Kordik!

I have a rule in politics: Don't trust the guy with a nickname in quotation marks.

--------------------
the universe is made of stories, not atoms.

-muriel rukeyser

Posts: 3132 | From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
diddyp
Have lance, will travel
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for diddyp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, I found this quote from Humes kind of funny:

quote:
“When you own a business, you are in charge of your own success or failure,” he said.
Mr. Kordik has his own law firm, right? Last time I checked, that's also a business ...

--------------------

-muriel rukeyser

Hollimer
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Hollimer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my dad told me he registered republican just so he could vote for Kordik Sr. and Ron Paul, apparently.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2485 | From: around | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
SkyRat
Member # 10

Your dad and I must be politico twins.

--------------------
 -  -
quote:

j0n
resident cyclist (aka - dude w/ the pole)
Member # 11

- posted      Profile for j0n     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You voted Ron Paul?

--------------------
Ninety percent of the time it doesn't happen, and probably it's just as well it doesn't, though if you can't get a level of candor on sex and you choose to behave instead as if this isn't ever on your mind, the male friendship is incomplete
P. Roth

SkyRat
Member # 10

Out of spite for the other choices.

--------------------
 -  -
quote:

diddyp
Have lance, will travel
Member # 19

Not exactly primary related, but I thought I'd share for those who saw the fliers referred to in this endorsement from the Daily Herald editorial board.

quote:
Conroy has allowed the state Democratic Party to mail out fliers clearly distorting one vote by Kordik 20 years ago when he served on the Villa Park school board. At that time, the board passed a resolution opposed to unfunded state mandates — an issue that many local governments have complained about and been faced with over the years. Conroy has extrapolated that vote to suggest that Kordik is opposed to criminal background checks on potential school employees, using imagery of scared children to make the point. We think this kind of campaigning is wrong. Kordik wins our endorsement.

--------------------

-muriel rukeyser

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

kordix.com

(C)2000-2011 The Boardix Community